Ticket #1913 (closed todo: fixed)
|Reported by:||ajs||Owned by:||whiteknight|
A mix of typographical and content issues. At revision:
I see the following issues in the README:
1. "README file for PIRC compiler" should add "the" before "PIRC"
2. "... PIR programmer, and flattens ..." lose the comma
3. "replacing the above statement by" arguably "with" instead of "by"
4. The whole paragraph and example, " In C one would write (ignoring the fact that $I0 and $I0 are not a valid C identifiers)" can be replaced with "The C<+=> operator in many C-like languages can be used in PIR to simplify this operation, and PIRC does this for you," which then blends into "as if you had written:" below.
5. "Again, in C one would write (again ignoring" redundant and cumbersome. How about "The C-like convention here is the postfix C<++> or C<incrementing> the..."
6. "The directory compilers/pirc has a number of subdirectories" Change this to "The PIRC compiler source tree has a number of subdirectories"
7. The "Cygwin processable lexer spec" section is only true at a given point in time. The date should be mentioned. Presumably, Cygwin will be updated in the future.
8. "SEE ALSO" section references several areas in the Parrot distribution, and should be noted as such.