Ticket #1993 (closed bug: fixed)

Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

New api.yaml tests require YAML.pm and List::MoreUtils.pm

Reported by: doughera Owned by: cotto
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: testing Version: 3.0.0
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Language:
Patch status: new Platform:

Description

The tests for the new api.yaml file require YAML.pm and List::MoreUtils.pm, which aren't included in core perl. I have attached a patch to skip the tests in those cases.

Attachments

tt1993-yaml-tests.patch Download (1.2 KB) - added by doughera 4 years ago.

Change History

Changed 4 years ago by doughera

Changed 4 years ago by jkeenan

I applied the patch, then went to run prove on the two test files. I got these results:

$ prove t/tools/show_deprecated.t t/tools/show_experimental.t 
t/tools/show_deprecated.t .... Use of uninitialized value 
  $eligible in concatenation (.) or string at tools/dev/show_deprecated.pl line 39.
Use of uninitialized value $ticket in concatenation (.) or 
  string at tools/dev/show_deprecated.pl line 39.
Use of uninitialized value $eligible in concatenation (.) or 
  string at tools/dev/show_deprecated.pl line 39.
t/tools/show_deprecated.t .... ok   
t/tools/show_experimental.t .. ok   
All tests successful.
Files=2, Tests=2,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.01 sys +  0.32 cusr  0.02 
  csys =  0.37 CPU)
Result: PASS

I think the problem is in the underlying files rather than the tests. But I don't have time to check out the uninitialized value warnings right now.

kid51

Changed 4 years ago by cotto

a better solution is to use bacek++'s nqp yaml module. I'll get on this tonight.

Changed 4 years ago by cotto

  • owner set to cotto

Changed 4 years ago by cotto

  • status changed from new to closed
  • resolution set to fixed

I pulled in bacek's nqp port of YAML::Tiny, adopted it to Parrot's repo layout, added nqp ports of the perl scripts and deleted the relevant perl files, then merged the whole shebang into master. We're now using YAML::Tiny in nqp for these two files and have no dependencies on any further external Perl modules. I'm marking this ticket as fixed.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.