Ticket #223 (closed cage: fixed)
doubts on t/steps/auto_pmc-01.t
|Reported by:||coke||Owned by:||jkeenan|
Description (last modified by coke) (diff)
In this test file, we have two very long lists of PMCs (@dummy_options) that are almost but not quite identical. Having had to modify the core list of pmcs several times in the past few days, it'd be nice if this test didn't have to be massaged (at least quite so much) each time.
- should these test be being run twice? They seem to be identical except for the undocumented change in pmc listings.
- should these lists be identical? If so, let's eliminate one copy.
- otherwise, let's keep one list and change the one entry, avoiding the duplication, and document what the difference in the list is for.
- if the list stays as a literal list, please reformat it so it follows the line length convention. makes tracking diffs easier.
- do we need to store the literal list? can't we pull this from the MANIFEST or something? (I can't tell what this test is testing.)