Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of Ticket #312

Show
Ignore:
Timestamp:
02/11/09 07:47:48 (6 years ago)
Author:
rurban
Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #312

    • Property status changed from new to assigned
  • Ticket #312 – description

    initial v1  
    55So my proposal is: 
    66 
    7 * disable static on win32 per default, (check if shared, and disable static then)[BR]] 
    8   * or rename it to something unique (libparrots.lib)[BR]] 
    9   * or move it to blib/lib but set blib_dir to . (the current patch I posted)[BR]] 
    10     Unless --enable-static is requested, embedders or single file solutions might want it.[BR]] 
    11 * provide --enable-static or --disable-shared Configure.pl options 
     7  * disable static on win32 per default, (check if shared, and disable static then)[[BR]] 
     8    * or rename it to something unique (libparrots.lib)[[BR]] 
     9    * or move it to blib/lib but set blib_dir to . (the current patch I posted)[[BR]] 
     10    Unless --enable-static is requested, embedders or single file solutions might want it.[[BR]] 
     11  * provide --enable-static or --disable-shared Configure.pl options 
    1212 
    1313Details how it worked before: 
    1414 
    1515-W,lblib/lib -lparrot uses the libpath search to find blib/lib/libparrot.lib (the importlib) which finds libparrot.dll (same path as exe).[[BR]] 
    16 The dll must reside near the exe unless rpath enabled unices, otherwise we would need a SHRPENV=blib/lib:$PATH macro on every exe invocation during all makefiles. alison didn't like that (perl5 uses that approach), so I moved the dll to the build_dir and everything is fine, even with already installed libparrot.dll. 
     16The dll must reside near the exe unless rpath enabled unices, otherwise we would need a SHRPENV=blib/lib:$PATH macro on every exe invocation in all makefiles. allison didn't like that (perl5 uses that approach), so I moved the dll to the build_dir and everything is fine, even with already installed libparrot.dll. Even with make test. Even with already installed shared libparrot. 
    1717 
    1818But libparrot.lib (or .a) the static lib is also there and will confuse the libpath search when being installed, because then we have a conflict, because the static lib will be found before the importlib, esp. on installed packages. 
    1919 
    2020So I switched locations, moved the static lib to blib/lib and removed the blibdir from the linker libpath (effectively ignoring it). That's when TT#276 appeared. 
     21