Ticket #359 (new todo)
enable UUID for pbc
|Reported by:||rurban||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by rurban) (diff)
With r36890 I've enabled UUID stamping of pbc's for the t/native_pbc/ tests. tools/dev/pbc_header.pl --upd works now again.
In order to enable UUID's (uuid_type=1) for all PBC's I plan the following:
- read the UUID, the md5 fingerprint of PBC_COMPAT with Parrot::BuildUtils::generate_pbc_fingerprint() at Configure.pl
- uuid_size = 12, so that the new padding in the header will be 2 instead of 14 and the header size before the directory stay the same.
- store the pbc_fingerprint as PBC_UUID in config.h for packfile.c
- write every pbc with this UUID
- check the UUID when reading pbc's and warn when reading incompatible PBC's, different UUID's.
- error on reading newer bytecode versions, allow reading older versions. That was the original intention at least.