|Version 10 (modified by dukeleto, 5 years ago)|
Current Hackathon: OpcodeTestingHackathon
We hold regular hackathons so that core developers can focus on particular areas that need help. There have been two types of hackathons so far, development and testing.
Getting Help During a Hackathon
First, join the #parrot channel on irc.perl.org . That is the the center of the Parrot development universe, other than the parrot-dev mailing list. You can also sent a tweet/dent to @parrotvm/ @parrot and your answer may be magically answered by a talking parrot.
Unless otherwise noted, there will be a large concerted testing push the weekend before every release.
- 14-15 November 2009: OpcodeTestingHackathon . Convert tests in t/op/* to PIR and increase coverage.
These are where we focus on outstanding development tasks. We will try to hold about one development hackathon per release cycle, usually towards the beginning. We may hold them more or less frequently depending on need and developer interest.
- 21 November 2009: JIT Hackathon (tenative)
- 3 October 2009: PCC Hackathon
- 10 October 2009: PCC Hackathon Redux
- 24 October 2009: PIRC Hackathon (never happened, reschedule?)
(All dated events should be listed on the parrot calendar. --coke)