|Version 19 (modified by whiteknight, 5 years ago)|
This page is going to list some ideas for largish projects that people might consider for various academic levels, or for other situations like GSOC.
Add your project here. If you have lots of ideas, please create a separate page for your project and link it here. Adding more design and guidance information will improve the chances of the project actually getting completed.
Individual Core Development Projects
- Small: suitable for a branch, a Bachelor's-level thesis project
- Medium: suitable for a GSoC project, Bachelor's-level group project, or a reasonable-sized grant proposal
- Large: suitable for a Master's thesis, PhD dissertation, or other large-scale research project.
|Generational Garbage Collector||medium (in progress in the generational_gc branch)|
|Compacting Garbage Collector||large|
|Concurrent Garbage Collector||medium|
|LLVM JIT Backend||medium|
|Trace-Based JIT||large||Add a trace-based JIT runcore|
|treeUnit?||small||Create a tree unit test language for P*ST|
|Polymorphic Inline Cache||medium (for a small implementation)|
|NFG||medium||Add NFG string normalization form (partially completed in 2010 GSoC project)|
|GObject Metamodel||medium||Create an object metamodel for Parrot based on GObject|
- Small: A toy language, or based heavily on another language for which we have an existing compiler project
- Medium: Most general-purpose programming languages, not including large runtime libraries
- Large: A particularly large language, or a language with a particularly large and involved runtime library
This is not a comprehensive list of languages for which we would like to see compilers written.
|Vala Compiler||medium||Create a compiler for the Vala programming language|