|Version 6 (modified by coke, 5 years ago)|
Working in branches/one_make
- most file generation should be done via make, not Config. To see what files are generated by your configure, make realclean; perl Configure.pl; svn st --no-ignore.
- ext/Parrot-Embed/Makefile.PL should not be generated; it should just use Parrot::Config to get @ this config-time information.
- accurate build dependencies
- checkdepend.pl should verify perl dependencies.
- checkdepend.pl should verify pir deps.
- checkdepend.pl should be really be able to generate makefiles, not just verify them.
- checkdepend.pl should interpolate variables like make does when checking make. (not all at once at the end, but as-we-go.)
- recursive make is bad. Avoid it where possible, esp for anything built with the default target.
Specifically: eliminate parrot_include step.
20:41 <@Coke> there's a tools/dev/h2pasm.pl that does about 90% of what it needs to. 20:41 <@Coke> er, s/dev/build/ 20:41 <@Coke> each input file has multiple potential output files. 20:42 <@cotto> so you're filling in the other 90%. Got it. 20:42 <@Coke> needs to be updated to take the output filename as an arg, and then again so it only outputs the directives for /that/ output file. 20:42 <@Coke> (and then tools/dev/h2perl.pl needs to be written.) 20:43 <@Coke> (which is basically a copy. refactor ahoy.) 20:43 <@cotto> nom 20:44 <@Coke> And I think I missed a few output files when I removed the existing deps. should double check the input files for all the potential out files and make sure they are all in the makefile. 20:45 <@Coke> writing this up...