Version 1 (modified by bacek, 6 years ago)
Rought idea of GC rework
- Decouple GC from Memory Allocation
(Remove all this Pool/Arena/Whatever)
- Made GC track GCable.
(Without going through Pools to find if we need more memory/iterating headers/etc)
- Implement sweep-free GC.
(And it will be much easy because GC track GCable already)
- Break API to make Parrot_gc_mark_PMC_alive to accept PMC**. (And probably rename it into gc_visit_pmc)
- Implement Compacting GC.
- Implement Generational GC on top of Compacting.
- "Optional" rename VTABLE_mark to VTABLE_gc_visit 'cause I want to reuse it in Compacting phase.
- Or try to reuse VTABLE_visit
Download in other formats: