|Version 22 (modified by whiteknight, 6 years ago)|
- Create an incremental tri-color mark GC module
- Integrate the new incremental GC into the existing system (See #670)
- Rename files in src/gc for sanity, suggested names:
- memory.c -> alloc_memory.c or mem_allocate.c (r39002)
- register.c -> alloc_registers.c or reg_allocate.c (r39003)
- resources.c -> alloc_resources.c or resource_allocate.c (r39004)
- Collapse src/gc/smallobject.c into src/gc/api.c.(r39022 and r39023)
- Move src/malloc.c and src/malloc-trace.c into src/gc (not strictly GC, but want to group all memory management), consider deleting if only used by src/gc/res_lea.c (r39006)
Improve abstraction/encapsulation for existing GC modules. (r38654 and later)
If there are any non-API functions in src/gc/api.c move them into another file, possibly src/gc/common.c to indicate that they're internal to the GC system only, but shared between all the GC modules. (r38654 file currently named "mark_sweep.c")
Renamed all API functions to Parrot_gc_* (r34775).
- dod.c -> api.c and dod.h -> gc_api.h (r34774)
- gc_gms.c -> generational_ms.c (r34795)
- gc_ims.c -> incremental_ms.c (r34796)
svn copy https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk \
-m "Creating a branch for the first round of GC refactoring."
initial revision: r34100
SVK merged r34113
(allison) svn copy https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk \
-m "Creating a branch for a second round of GC refactoring, cleanups and code reorganization."
initial revision: r34686
Brought the GC refactoring branch up to date with trunk r35194.
new revision: r35195
svn merge -r35194:HEAD https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk/
new revision: r35369
[pdd09gc] Bringing the pdd09gc_part2 branch up-to-date with trunk r35369.
svn merge -r35369:HEAD https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk/
new revision: r35373
[pdd09gc] Bringing the pdd09gc_part2 branch up-to-date with trunk r35373.
svn merge -r34686:HEAD https://svn.perl.org/parrot/branches/pdd09gc_part2/
new revision: r35374
[pdd09gc] Merging the pdd09gc_part2 branch into trunk for r34686 to r35374. GC refactor: reorganize code for sanity and maintainability.
svn delete https://svn.perl.org/parrot/branches/pdd09gc_part2 -m "Removing second GC development branch from the repository"
new revision: r35380