|Version 7 (modified by allison, 4 years ago)|
- Create an incremental tri-color mark GC module
- Integrate the new incremental GC into the existing system
- Improve abstraction/encapsulation for existing GC modules.
- Move src/malloc.c and src/malloc-trace.c into src/gc (not strictly GC, but want to group all memory management)
- Rename files in src/gc for sanity, suggested names:
- gc_gms.c -> generational_ms.c
- gc_ims.c -> incremental_ms.c
- dod.c -> api.c (it defines the public interface to the GC system, including 'pobject_lives')
- Rename all API functions to Parrot_gc_*.
- If there are any non-API functions in src/gc/api.c move them into another file, possibly src/gc/common.c to indicate that they're internal to the GC system only, but shared between all the GC modules.
svn copy https://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk \
-m "Creating a branch for the first round of GC refactoring."
initial revision: r34100
SVK merged r34113