|Version 5 (modified by mj41, 5 years ago)|
Google Summer of Code 2011: Welcome to Parrot!
The main function of this page is to initially provide a place to discuss the various Parrot projects presented to GSoC 2011.
Place details of possible projects under Projects up for grabs below
- What is Parrot?
- To get started, read the NewParrotDeveloperGuide.
- Or browse the Parrot Git repository [source:/ online].
- GSoCStudentApplicationTemplate - You must use this template for your student application!
Getting your bearings
- Comprehensive documentation (as well as design and developer documentation) is available online.
- PIR Tutorial will get you started on ParrotIntermediateRepresentation, Parrot's native language.
- There's a bunch of resources for developers.
- Other online resources are listed at WhereIsIt.
- Check out current ParrotBestPractices.
- If you're working on Rakudo, the PGEBestPractices might also be helpful.
- There are some recommended DeveloperTools.
Current progress / things to work on
Projects up for grabs
Put ideas for GSoC 2011 Projects here:
ideas and/or links here
- Embed parrot in Inkscape ( http://inkscape.org/).
- Emit Bytecode from PAST/POST
- TapTinder ( milestone M5 and others)
- Sign up on the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On IRC in #parrot at irc.parrot.org.