|Version 7 (modified by cotto, 4 years ago)|
Google Summer of Code 2011: Welcome to Parrot!
The main function of this page is to initially provide a place to discuss the various Parrot projects presented to GSoC 2011.
Place details of possible projects under Projects up for grabs below
- What is Parrot?
- To get started, read the NewParrotDeveloperGuide.
- Or browse the Parrot Git repository [source:/ online].
- GSoCStudentApplicationTemplate - You must use this template for your student application!
Getting your bearings
- Comprehensive documentation (as well as design and developer documentation) is available online.
- PIR Tutorial will get you started on ParrotIntermediateRepresentation, Parrot's native language.
- There's a bunch of resources for developers.
- Other online resources are listed at WhereIsIt.
- Check out current ParrotBestPractices.
- If you're working on Rakudo, the PGEBestPractices might also be helpful.
- There are some recommended DeveloperTools.
Current progress / things to work on
Projects up for grabs
Put ideas for GSoC 2011 Projects here:
ideas and/or links here
- Embed parrot in Inkscape ( http://inkscape.org/).
- Emit Bytecode from PAST/POST
- TapTinder ( milestone M5 and others)
- Adding something like create_language.pl as UNIX command (/usr/bin/create_language.pl is free); let it be installed; Linux distribution packages could add it
- Extend the documentation in "docs/book/pct/ch05_nqp.pod" by adding some initial examples, show the use of grammar in NQP programs, may be some cross-references to the PCT-Tutorial could added
- Examples to use different HLLs and to execute it as one program on top of Parrot. Calling a lua subroutine from Rakudo. How could the assembler- or byte-code from different HLLs be put together.
- Implement the transformation from the Perl6 POD specification (Synopsis 26 - Documentation) to LaTeX, man pages or text as a language with PCT. (should be to difficult and take more then 2-3 month, may be it could divided)
- Expand on parrot-instrument, build awesome tools on top of it, get it fully working again.
- Sign up on the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On IRC in #parrot at irc.parrot.org.