|Version 2 (modified by dukeleto, 5 years ago)|
Objections to using Git as a VCS, per discussion at http://irclog.perlgeek.de/parrot/2009-09-17#i_1510436 .
- Integration with trac. http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/GitPlugin
- Demonstrate that git actually is better at resolving the merging conflicts we hit in real usage. - I know that specific examples would be great here, but does anyone actually doubt that merging is less painful in git?
- Source code browsing tools. (including revision browsing) gitweb?
- Down-time and retraining time for developers.
- Safety of the core source (limiting the damage possible accidentally or by new committers)
- (with git it's possible to make changes that destroy the history of the repository)
- Have a server side post-commit hook that disallows non-fast-forward updates. That negates any possibility of a newbie messing up the master Parrot git repo. Also, the history is not destroyed, just altered. The history is still there and could easily be fixed from another Parrot git repo.