|Version 4 (modified by gaurav, 6 years ago)|
A number of languages targeting Parrot are in development. Some of them can be found in the Parrot tarball, in languages/. Others are being developed outside of Parrot.
If you make any changes to this table, please update languages/LANGUAGES_STATUS.pod as well.
|Name||Version||Language||Written in||Builds on||Testing||Completeness||Development|
|APL||APL||Perl6Grammar||Parrot 0.8.1-devel||166/166 (100%)||Unknown||Inactive|
|BASIC||2.0||BASIC, Microsoft QuickBASIC 4.5||Perl, PIR||?||?||Stable?||Inactive|
|PIR||Parrot Intermediate Representation||Perl6Grammar||Parrot 0.8.1-devel||? (1)||Semistable||Maintenance|
|WMLScript||WMLScript||PIR||Parrot 0.8.1-devel||358/358 (100%)||Development||Active|
|Zcode||0.2||Z-machine||PIR||Parrot 0.8.1-devel||0/0 (1)||Development||Inactive|
|abc||bc||Perl6Grammar||Parrot 0.8.1-devel||161/161 (100%)||Semistable||Inactive|
|bf||Brainfuck||PIR||Parrot 0.8.1-devel||1/1 (1)||Stable?||Dormant|
- (1) One or more tests didn't work.
So it's easy to tell what's going on with a project, I'll categorize statuses on the basis of two criteria:
- Completeness: stable, semistable, development, prototype, unknown
- Stable: Claims to be version 1.0, 2.0, etc.; tests appear to cover a usable subset of functionality.
- Semistable: Stable to a deprecated or old standard; can be extended to the latest standard.
- Development: Claims to be version 0.1, 0.2, etc.; large functionality missing.
- Prototype: Claims to be development, prototype or no version number; only basic functionality is in.
- Unknown: I don't understand this language well enough to tell. Please replace this if you can.
- Development: active, maintenance, dormant, inactive
- Active: Major changes in the last month.
- Maintenance: Minor changes in the last month.
- Dormant: No changes in the last month.
- Inactive: No changes in the last three months.