Version 2 (modified by plobsing, 6 years ago)
- enable GC while parsing
- allows more extensive use of PMCs, which encourages more sharing with the rest of the Parrot ecosystem (eg: PackFile PMCs, PIRATE)
- constant unfolding
- unimplemented const-variants of ops should get unfolded to multiple 'set' ops followed by the non-const variant of the op
- reduces demand for umpteen op variants (op-bloat)
- consider salvaging optimizer components, possibly for a pbc_to_pbc transformation tool or an in-memory inplace optimizer
- finish/publish deep clone library
- complete POC text format serializer
- list dynext artifact dependancies/indices explicitly in PBC (eliminate ParrotInterpretter freeze/thaw hack)
- eliminate wrapping of PMC constants in strings (too much copying on both read and write, wastes space storing encoding/charset/etc, which mean nothing for these)
- make subs first class entities. this would match the rest of Parrot more closely and solve a lot of issues.
- Make multiple packfile segments work. Will likely fix TT #1142 among other things.
Download in other formats: