Version 4 (modified by plobsing, 4 years ago)
- enable GC while parsing
- allows more extensive use of PMCs, which encourages more sharing with the rest of the Parrot ecosystem (eg: PackFile PMCs, PIRATE)
- constant unfolding
- unimplemented const-variants of ops should get unfolded to multiple 'set' ops followed by the non-const variant of the op
- reduces demand for umpteen op variants (op-bloat)
- consider salvaging optimizer components, possibly for a pbc_to_pbc transformation tool or an in-memory inplace optimizer
- work on isolating IMCC into separately loadable module
- work on simple low-level replacement (PASM2)
- make subs first class entities. this would match the rest of Parrot more closely and solve a lot of issues.
- make same-pbc backreferences work.
- would reduce the total size cost of deeply-inner'd subs in PBCs
- would make autoclose work from pbc.
- would makethis also does the hard parts for cross-pbc references (requested by 6model)
- document format
Download in other formats: