|Version 1 (modified by cotto, 7 years ago)|
We had a short BOF meeting between a few Parrot people Monday evening at YAPC::NA. We discussed the idea of changing the #parrotsketch meeting format to try to include more necessary information (but at the same time, a strong concern was voiced that those meetings tend to be too long). I want to put some of those ideas here into the open so we can all get a good look at them, and maybe start changing some things as early as next week if we like these ideas enough.
1. Everybody should prepost reports (or links to reports) well before the meeting at 18:30UTC, so we don't waste time at the meeting going through the list of reports. A two hour window should be long enough to ensure that most attendees have enough time to get up-to-date before the meeting starts. Everything will be in the IRC backlog so people can review them later at their leisure. The ideal format for a report is a blog post or some other format designed to convey content rather than log realtime conversations, but pre-posting in #parrotsketch is also acceptable.
2. In their reports, everybody should list
- what they did last week, which is what has been the norm,
- what they are planning to do in the coming week, including estimation of any free tuits coming up, and
- things that they are blocking on
3. Get better status reports from people working on milestones, especially critical milestones, so we can identify when things are in danger of slipping and we can get more people assigned to it.
I'm sure I'm missing some things here too, so if anybody remembers stuff mentioned during the BOF at YAPC, or if other people have ideas they would like to add this is the place to do it.