|Version 3 (modified by Util, 5 years ago)|
Our trac installation requires an email confirmation in order to create an account and comment on tickets.
So, when we get ticket spam, there's a good chance the email actually belongs to a spammer.
Here are some easily harvestable entries from folks that have spammed us.
alivenk Aliven Kipling email@example.com 2009-07-29 08:46:20
- log the account information of the spammer on this page.
- delete the account used to generate the spam
- get a list of the ticket numbers the spammer has added comments to.
- use the admin plugin "delete changes" - one at a time, enter the ticket number...
- Note that the changes are NOT presented in chronological order by default.
- For each spam comment(and any followups that say "this is spam", from helpful users trying to point things out to the admins), hit the "delete change" button.