|Version 105 (modified by whiteknight, 7 years ago)|
Welcome to the Parrot Developer Wiki
This wiki is a workplace for developers of the Parrot virtual machine and related languages, tools, and applications. If you aren't a developer, you may be looking for the main Parrot website.
The current status and plan is available at the Parrot Roadmap.
Older content might be still in the old Parrot wiki, which is in the process of being [MigrateTheWiki migrated to this wiki].
If you have resources to contribute to Parrot this week, please ask on the mailing list or in the IRC channel if you need assistance. Our tasks are:
- HLL interoperability (talk to Tene and pmichaud)
- improving the Parrot debugger documentation (talk to dukeleto)
- working on Parrot standard library (talk to japhb)
- building a framework for testing bytecode
- pruning C structures (talk to chromatic)
- Date: Saturday, 10 October 2009.
- Focus: pcc_reapply branch.
- IRC: ircperlorg #parrot
News and Events
- Parrot 1.6.0 "half-pie" was released on 2009-09-15, see the [http:/www.parrot.org home page] for details. The next release will be 2009-10-20
- Parrot Virtual Machine Workshop 2009, preceding YAPC::NA::2009, Pittsburgh, 20-21 June 2009
- BuildBot set up to watch SVN and build on commit.
Also see ArchivedNewsEvents.
Current Development Priorities
This is a list of tasks that are priorities for the 1.5.0 release in August.
Contributing to Parrot
You can contribute to Parrot in many ways:
- Building Parrot on your favorite ListOfPlatforms
- Perhaps contribute a buildslave on your favorite platform for the parrot BuildBot
- Adding new features SEE TODO
- Smoking Parrot
- Adding tests (see the recent smoke reports) and CodeCoverageStatistics
- Checking, updating and adding documentation
- Perl 5 Components
- C Components?
- Fixing GC Bugs
- Fix bugs that Coverity has found
Development Work Pages
- TapTinder - continuous integration for Parrot on various platforms
Please feel free to add or modify pages — even this one — as you see fit. That's the idea of a wiki.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- WikiFormatting -- Wiki formatting commands
- RecentChanges -- a list of most recent changes to the wiki
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.