Welcome to the Parrot Developer Wiki
PLEASE NOTE: This is our old wiki. We are currently in the process of converting our wiki to Github: https://github.com/parrot/parrot/wiki .
If you migrate a page from this wiki to our github wiki, please delete the page here so we know what has been converted.
This wiki is a workplace for developers of the Parrot virtual machine and related languages, tools, and applications. If you aren't a developer, you may be looking for the main Parrot website.
The current status and plan is available at the Parrot Roadmap.
If you are developing (or thinking of developing) a high-level language on top of Parrot, the HLL Resources page is for you.
If you have resources to contribute to Parrot this week, please ask on the mailing list or in the IRC channel if you need assistance. Our tasks are:
Also see ArchivedNewsEvents.
Contributing to Parrot
You can contribute to Parrot in many ways:
- Building Parrot on your favorite ListOfPlatforms
- Perhaps contribute a buildslave on your favorite platform for the parrot BuildBot
- Adding new features SEE TODO
- Smoking Parrot
- Adding tests (see the recent smoke reports) and CodeCoverageStatistics
- Checking, updating and adding documentation
- Perl 5 Components
- C Components?
- Fixing GC Bugs
- Fix bugs that Coverity has found
Development Project Pages
This is a list of projects currently in development, or for which the tasklist is mature enough to begin development and has been approved. These represent current development priorities, or projects that are not high priority but are ready for immediate work.
This is a list of subsystems or projects which are being planned, but which are not yet ready for active development. These represent near-term development priorities
Old / Defunct Tasklists
This is a list of planning pages which are old, already complete, or which need substantial planning work. These need review, and in some cases they can be deleted if they are irreparably old or unused.
|TapTinder - continuous integration for Parrot on various platforms||PerlSixTesting|
|WhereIsIt - links to other resources|
|Parrot Dictionary - opcodes, pmc types, and other definitions|
|Parrot/Rakudo Code Browser/XREF tool|
|GSoCers Start Here|
|Ideas for GSoc 2011|
Please feel free to add or modify pages — even this one — as you see fit. That's the idea of a wiki.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- WikiFormatting -- Wiki formatting commands
- RecentChanges -- a list of most recent changes to the wiki
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.