|Version 156 (modified by coke, 4 years ago)|
Welcome to the Parrot Developer Wiki
This wiki is a workplace for developers of the Parrot virtual machine and related languages, tools, and applications. If you aren't a developer, you may be looking for the main Parrot website.
The current status and plan is available at the Parrot Roadmap.
If you are developing (or thinking of developing) a high-level language on top of Parrot, the HLL Resources page is for you.
If you have resources to contribute to Parrot this week, please ask on the mailing list or in the IRC channel if you need assistance. Our tasks are:
- HLLInteroperability (talk to Tene and pmichaud)
- improving the Parrot debugger documentation (talk to dukeleto)
- RTEMS port (dukeleto)
- Converting the test suite from Perl 5 to PIR (dukeleto)
- working on Parrot standard library
- building a framework for testing bytecode
- pruning C structures (talk to chromatic)
- security subsystem, PDD 18 (dukeleto)
- deprecated vtable function removal (cotto)
|Date: Saturday, December 19, 2009||Focus: TBA|
News and Events
- Parrot 2.0.0 "Inevitable" was released on 2010-01-19, see the home page for details. The next release will be 2010-02-16
Also see ArchivedNewsEvents.
Current Development Priorities
This is a list of tasks that were priorities for the 1.9.0 release in December.
see DevelopmentPriorities for potential development priorities for Parrot 2.0
Contributing to Parrot
You can contribute to Parrot in many ways:
- Building Parrot on your favorite ListOfPlatforms
- Perhaps contribute a buildslave on your favorite platform for the parrot BuildBot
- Adding new features SEE TODO
- Smoking Parrot
- Adding tests (see the recent smoke reports) and CodeCoverageStatistics
- Checking, updating and adding documentation
- Perl 5 Components
- C Components?
- Fixing GC Bugs
- Fix bugs that Coverity has found
Development Work Pages
Tasklists And Projects
|TapTinder - continuous integration for Parrot on various platforms||PerlSixTesting|
|WhereIsIt - links to other resources|
|Parrot Dictionary - opcodes, pmc types, and other definitions|
Please feel free to add or modify pages — even this one — as you see fit. That's the idea of a wiki.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- WikiFormatting -- Wiki formatting commands
- RecentChanges -- a list of most recent changes to the wiki
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.