|Version 167 (modified by darbelo, 5 years ago)|
Welcome to the Parrot Developer Wiki
This wiki is a workplace for developers of the Parrot virtual machine and related languages, tools, and applications. If you aren't a developer, you may be looking for the main Parrot website.
The current status and plan is available at the Parrot Roadmap.
If you are developing (or thinking of developing) a high-level language on top of Parrot, the HLL Resources page is for you.
If you have resources to contribute to Parrot this week, please ask on the mailing list or in the IRC channel if you need assistance. Our tasks are:
- Apply deprecations (see DEPRECATED.pod)
- Merge Branches
Also see ArchivedNewsEvents.
Contributing to Parrot
You can contribute to Parrot in many ways:
- Building Parrot on your favorite ListOfPlatforms
- Perhaps contribute a buildslave on your favorite platform for the parrot BuildBot
- Adding new features SEE TODO
- Smoking Parrot
- Adding tests (see the recent smoke reports) and CodeCoverageStatistics
- Checking, updating and adding documentation
- Perl 5 Components
- C Components?
- Fixing GC Bugs
- Fix bugs that Coverity has found
Development Work Pages
Tasklists And Projects
|TapTinder - continuous integration for Parrot on various platforms||PerlSixTesting|
|WhereIsIt - links to other resources|
|Parrot Dictionary - opcodes, pmc types, and other definitions|
|Parrot/Rakudo Code Browser/XREF tool|
|GSoCers Start Here|
Please feel free to add or modify pages — even this one — as you see fit. That's the idea of a wiki.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- WikiFormatting -- Wiki formatting commands
- RecentChanges -- a list of most recent changes to the wiki
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.