|Version 70 (modified by whiteknight, 7 years ago)|
Welcome to the Parrot Developer Wiki
This wiki is a workplace for developers of the Parrot virtual machine and related languages, tools, and applications. If you aren't a developer, you may be looking for the main Parrot website.
The current status and plan is available at the Parrot Roadmap.
If you have resources to contribute to Parrot this week, the weekly focus is removing deprecated items. Please ask on the mailing list or in the IRC channel if you need assistance.
Older content might be still in the old Parrot wiki, which is in the process of being [MigrateTheWiki migrated to this wiki].
News and Events
- Parrot 1.3.0 "Andean Swift" was released on 2009-06-16, see the home page for details. The next release will be 2009-07-21
- Parrot 1.2.0 "Bird Brain" was released on 2009-05-19, see the home page for details. The next release will be 2009-06-16.
- Parrot Virtual Machine Workshop 2009, preceding YAPC::NA::2009, Pittsburgh, 20-21 June 2009
- BuildBot set up to watch SVN and build on commit.
Also see ArchivedNewsEvents.
Contributing to Parrot
You can contribute to Parrot in many ways:
- Building Parrot on your favorite ListOfPlatforms
- Perhaps contribute a buildslave on your favorite platform for the parrot BuildBot
- Adding new features SEE TODO
- SmokingParrot - this begs for a snazzy logo
- Adding tests (see the recent smoke reports) and CodeCoverageStatistics
- Checking, updating and adding documentation
- Perl 5 Components
- C Components?
- Fixing GC Bugs
Development Work Pages
Please feel free to add or modify pages — even this one — as you see fit. That's the idea of a wiki.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- WikiFormatting -- Wiki formatting commands
- RecentChanges -- a list of most recent changes to the wiki
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.